Pages


photo by Leslie Houx

Share The Love- Grab a Button!

button"/>

Book A Session!

If you are interested in booking a session or commercial project, please email me at jessiekenney@rocketmail.com for more info! I look forward to speaking with you!

The Business of Friends...








When I started to jump into the photography business, I found that it is very different than the salon industry. In a salon, you work with a team of stylists and are surrounded by support (if you are in a good salon). When you are a photographer starting out , you can feel a bit more isolated. As a photographer you generally do not work with a team which can be great in the sense that you are your own boss, you have complete creative freedom and you run your business the way you want to. The down side is that I didnt have many friends in the "biz". No one to bounce ideas off of or share stories with, that is, until I met Leslie. Leslie is the creative mind behind Sweet Child of Mine Photography and I am so happy to call her my buddy! I met her through mutual friends on Facebook of all places and love her work. She is not only a great photographer but a kind soul as well. I am so glad that I now feel connected to her and several other local industry pros. I have learned that it is essential to have a good group of people surrounding you that will support you as an artist. My advice to any new photographers is to put yourself out there, meet people and learn from eachother. Don't be afraid to ask questions and be respectful of others. Being around amazing talents makes you strive to be better yourself so get inspired (but be yourself...not a copy artist). Thanks Leslie for being awesome! Here are some highlights from our fun bio pic photoshoot recently! :)  She is smokin hot! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment